You Can Fight A DUI Charge
A drunk driving charge should never be taken lightly. A night on the town with friends, a party where alcohol is served or drinking with work colleagues at a bar are all scenarios that can lead to you getting into your car and being arrested on suspicion of DUI/DWI. Such a charge can tarnish your personal and professional reputation. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you overcome this situation.
Walsh Law LLC in Mobile, Alabama, is led by skilled attorney Tom Walsh, who has practiced law for nearly 20 years. Mr. Walsh and his team are dedicated to their clients and will defend you at each hearing you face in the unfamiliar criminal court system. A skilled negotiator, Mr. Walsh will do his best to get the charges reduced or dismissed. And with experience as a litigator in state and federal courts, he is not afraid to take your case to trial.
The Many Consequences
Besides damage to your reputation, a drunk driving charge can lead to several other consequences such as:
- Incarceration: Whether it is a first offense or multiple DUI offenses, you face jail or even prison.
- Fines: A fourth DUI conviction within five years can lead to prison and a fine of up to $10,000.
- Paying restitution: For property damage and medical bills of any victims injured in an accident related to the DUI.
- Probation: You may be subject to random drug tests and ordered to enroll in a rehabilitation or substance abuse program.
- Suspended driver’s license: The loss of a driver’s license can make it harder to get to work or drop off kids at school.
- Loss of your job: Some employers frown upon DUI convictions.
Mr. Walsh will provide an honest assessment regarding your case. He and his team also will conduct a thorough investigation that can potentially lead to the charges getting dismissed.
Contact An Experienced Lawyer Now
If you face a DUI/DWI conviction, retain a skilled criminal defense attorney who will initially provide honest and candid answers, but then go to bat for you. Walsh Law LLC in Mobile, Alabama, has the skills and knowledge to help you mitigate the consequences, including a strategy to minimize the effect a charge could have on your driving privileges.
Attorney Tom Walsh has nearly 20 years of legal experience. Mr. Walsh knows the community and people because he is a Mobile native. For an initial consultation, please fill out this online form or call 251-415-4287.